University Bursary - One Degree More
This grant is for young people under 25 to support the costs of studying their first undergraduate degree course at a UK university
Who is eligible to apply?
Our University Bursary is a £1,600 grant for each year of a degree course. It can help with general living expenses, travel costs, books etc. Provided a student’s circumstances remain the same, £1600 is paid for each academic year.
You can apply for a University Bursary if:
- you, your parents or guardians receive two means-tested benefits or two elements of Universal Credit
- you are between 17 and 24 years old
- you have lived in Wiltshire or Swindon for at least two years (If you are already at university your family home must be in Wiltshire or Swindon)
- you are eligible for funding through Student Finance England
- you are planning to study (or already studying) for your first undergraduate degree at a UK university/institution.
What can the bursary be used for?
Bursaries can be used towards:
- general living expenses
- course costs
- travel costs (excluding studying abroad)
- books and equipment
We have a limited number of bursaries to award each year, so being eligible does not guarantee that you will be awarded a grant. We may receive more applications than we can fund. We aim to award bursaries to those who will benefit most.
Further guidance on the programme is available here and we ask you to read it before starting your application.
This programme opens for applications in early 2023.